Baratza Encore Conical Burr Grinder
Featuring 40 individual grind settings, from fine to coarse, the Encore can please any palate with its gamut of accurate and repeatable grind settings. The Encore has the accurate coarse grind for the increasingly popular manual brew methods such as pour-over, Aeropress, Siphon and Chemex. The specially designed burrs give a precise grind with minimal fines for a flavorful, balanced extraction when making espresso.
Detailed Product Description:
Liechtenstein-Made Conical Burrs: – the Encore?s 40 mm conical burrs will grind for many styles of coffee. Conical burr grinders are exceptional at producing consistent grinds from very fine to very coarse as well as being durable and will remain sharp for many years.
Gearbox – for the Encore, Baratza has increased the strength and durability of the drive transmission while decreasing noise. In addition to a new drive shaft, motor mounting plate and bushings, this change includes a new drive gear made of 15% glass filled thermo plastic which is quieter than the prior metal gear, wears better and is more shock resistant.
Grind Adjustment – Turn the hopper and with 40 settings you can quickly adjust from fine for espresso to coarse for French Press. The grind range is from 250 to 1200 microns.
Motor – A powerful, high torque DC motor effortlessly drives the burrs. This motor turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits long grinding duty-cycles. The circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting, thermal cutoff switch.
Calibration – An innovative burr calibration system ensures that each grinder has the full range of grind. If necessary, the grinders can be user calibrated.
Speed Control – With unique speed control, the Encore uses a combination of gear and electronic speed reduction to control the rotation of the burr to 450 RPM. The electronic speed controller is adjustable from 405 to 495 RPM in the event that specific user conditions require modification of the speed. This slow speed reduces heat, noise, and static generation in the grinder. It also ensures that the beans feed smoothly into the burrs.
Cleaning – Burrs are easily removable with no tools, making cleaning very easy.
Can be used with the Esatto – The Encore is designed to be compatible with the Esatto, an accessory that will transform your Encore into a grind by weight grinder. Set the weight you want, the Esatto does the rest, weighing the ground coffee to within +/- 0.2g, while grinding, and stopping automatically.
• 40mm commercial-grade conical burrs that yield the consistent grind critical for a perfect espresso or brewed coffee extraction.
• Easily adjustable burrs can be calibrated to ensure accurate grind range from espresso to French press in 40 separate settings.
• Hard plastic upper housing and weighed, black plastic base.
• High efficiency motor is powerful and spins slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation.
• Brushed metal, 60-second timer knob for repeatable grinding cycles.
• Front-mounted pulse button makes it easy to grind directly into an espresso brew basket.
• Speed of grind: 1 gram/second.
• Concise design of grinding chamber reduces coffee dust, making the removable burrs easy to clean.
• Powerful 6.0 amp motor.
• 8 oz. bean hopper
• Large 5 oz. grounds bin.
Size: 5″W x 14″H x 7″D
Weight: 7 pounds
Warranty: 1 Year